Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Thought to share......!! Voice to Raise.........!! Indeed to action it.....!!

I stay quite far from my office and a little out of my city  where I get no Volvos and hence prefer the normal BMTC to commute.It was a much normal day like other when this incident happened.I was sitting in the not so crowded bus while suddenly a girl screamed out aloud "Stop !!! Just stop the bus" For a moment all of us were just awestruck to understand what really happened. Then is when the girl came out of her seat and pulled the guy behind her seat by collar and slapped him on his face and scolded him and finally kicked him out of the bus.

If I have to rewind back my memories a little more, I see myself as a little 12th std girl standing in K R Market and see a crowd gathered which seemed to be enjoying a play.And I see a lady conductor in her khaki suit and black boots literally kicking out some bastard out of the BMTC cab.All I felt was a tinge of strength and fearlessness pass through my nerves like a shiver.

And now I read people celebrating the news of punishing the gang-rape criminals while the punishment is supposed to be normal, in the sense it should not be a rear moment to celebrate justice!! Sadly we are in a society where a justice has become occasional.But all I was thinking was whats that extra step that I have taken...What is that extra mile that I have waled to curb such non-sensical, immoral behavior.Can all of us take that little extra effort to prevent such acts at a grass root level...Where is this thought really urging for these rascals to act so brutally!!!It ould be the way they are brought up,or the friends they make or drugs they take,be it anything.....But, finally the affected are the most vulnerable bunch of society!!!



When I think of ,I just feel  TRUTH is the solution!! Yes TRUTH!! Reveal the truth at the very moment you witness it.Do not hide it!!When a stupid comes and rubs against you,just stand up the crowd and call out everybody there to witness and tell them there is a bastard in the bus who is much likely to become a criminal!!Its nothing less than the insult that we make to our consience and bare this torture and keep quiet.Tell him to go to people who are meant for what he wants but not to spoil the society silenty.Most of the students are much likely to keep queit when it comes a lower level of sexual harassment. When we can laugh over a non-veg joke, why don't we use the same courage to stand against such acts.

So finally this an appeal to all of us including me to try to confront such issues without negligence or shy for a better society.

2 comments:

  1. I too have witnessed a similar situation.The girl tried to raise her voice and even tried to hit the scoundrel but she was left helpless.Instead of thrashing the bastard, the public just kept seeing the "tamasha".

    One person even said "Jut leave him.. he won't do it again".
    The public(especially other girls) has to stand up against such crimes and provide help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if thrashing is a solution but, you know should announce infront of all about such people so that next time he would get badly insulted.

      Thanks for coming over reading and sharing your view :)

      Delete

Popular Posts